Sunday, February 13, 2011

**Tamales**

We hosted a tamale making day at my house for my family yesterday....and, yes, I ate some tamales.  Too many. I had a plan going in - eat only four tamales.  Well, I knew when I told myself.....only four tamales....that it was total bullshit.  I'm not that controlled with my food yet, if it's there I will eat it - especially if it's homemade tamales that I only have about once a year.  So, my four tamales turned into seven tamales before the night was over, and today I had five!  Tamales are bad, bad, bad for you, so in two days I've probably had a week's worth of calories, and I don't even want to think about all the fat grams I've consumed.  I need to get the rest of the tamales out of the house!  We passed out four dozen to friends, and my husband is taking the rest of them to work tomorrow.  There's no doubt that I have food issues.  I binge when there is something around that I really, really enjoy!  I can't just have one - I will eat it until it is gone.  I'm working on how to control myself, but it's clear I'm not there yet, so I can't have those triggers in the house.  I'm disappointed in myself, but I'm trying to focus on the positive.  And that positive is that I spend a wonderful day with my family - my hubby and girls, my parents, my sister, my nephews, my uncles, my aunt, and my cousins.  We all had a great time together.    

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe how food can take over what's really important in life. Like I always say, it's just food. I'm getting frustrated with my own battle with food. I haven't changed much in wieght since I retired 5 years ago. I fluctuate around 4 pounds + or - , but I feel unhealthy. I will join you in this crusade to get healthy and eat sensibly. It's just food and even when it's tomalies. Your doing great, don't ever forget that. Love you Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Dad! I know, it sounds so simple, right? It's just food! Unfortunately, food for me has been a crutch for such a long time, but I'm trying to learn to use food for what it is - physical sustenance, instead of emotional comfort! You and I have tried many, many times over the years to get our weight under control, and to get healthy again - maybe this time we really will do it!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete