Thursday, June 9, 2011

**Day 160**

We're leaving for our cabin tomorrow afternoon, and we'll be there for 9 nights and 9 days, so it's going to be a challenge for me to stick to a healthy meal plan and exercise routine.  It shouldn't matter that I'm somewhere different, right?  I mean, after 160 days of, almost always, eating healthy, and exercising I should be able to do it anywhere, but when I'm at our cabin I tend to get lazy.  I like to just relax - sit around reading, float in the lake, chill on the front porch, and, of course, I like to snack alot.  I know I can still do that stuff, but I need to be active, too, so I'm going to do my very best to get my exercise in every day, and I'm going to keep my snacking to a minimum!!  I'm going stock up on healthy snacks - like fruit w/ light cool whip, popcorn, raw veggies w/ hummus, yogurt w/ a little granola...stuff like that.

I'm debating on whether or not to take my scale to the cabin.  I think, it will drive me crazy not having it for 9 days, and I would have to skip one weigh-in, if I leave it home, but it might be nice to be scale free for all those days.  I don't know - what to do, what to do?

Exercise today:  2 miles on the treadmill - 1 mile walk, and 1 mile walk/run, doing interval burst.  Also, I did a 20 min. FIRM dvd workout.  

I'm still battling this headache that I've had for a few days.  I've been drinking tons of water hoping it would help my headache go away, but no luck so far.  I HATE these headaches!!  My 10 year old daughter was so sweet to me yesterday.  I was getting ready to take my girls, and my nephews to a movie, but she knew I had a terrible headache, and she said to me: "Mama, it's really okay if we skip the movie because I'm afraid the loud noise will make your headache worse, so let's just stay home".  She is such a good girl!  I took them anyway and I was fine, but it was nice that she cared enough to give me a choice.  I have great kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment