Thursday, August 18, 2011

**Days 229 & 230**

My back is out - I'm so upset!  I can, barely, get around - it hurts to walk, sit, and lie down.  I knew a little something happened when I had that fender-bender on Tuesday, but I ran that night anyway, and I probably shouldn't have, BUT I felt okay the next day (yesterday).  My back was a little sore, but it wasn't terrible pain, so I got on my treadmill last night and did a pretty slow 2 mile walk....I only did about 5 minutes of running:

I did the whole workout at a 2.0 incline, and I wore brand new running shoes.  When I woke up this morning my back was very sore, but it wasn't "out".  First thing this morning, we had to drive 45 minutes to take our dogs to the vet (I take them to a vet in my hometown where I grew up because it's SO much cheaper than here in the suburbs where I live).  Anyway, when we arrived at the vet, I went to get out of the car, and there was a major pain in my lower back, and every step I took was a major effort.  So, I don't know, exactly, what caused this episode.  The fender-bender?  Running after the fender-bender?  Working out at 2.0 incline in new running shoes (which were really comfortable in the store, but not so comfortable during my workout)?  It's, probably, all of the above.  I've been icing my back all day, and, obviously, I won't be working out, at all,  today.  This is terrible timing because I have my 5k race on Saturday, and I really want to be able to run it, but I may have to walk it - we'll see.   I'm going to continue to ice my back, and, hopefully, I'll feel much better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment