Monday, February 20, 2012

**Days 414 - 416**

At the very beginning of last year something in my brain clicked, and I was able to change my bad habits and start losing weight.  I started eating good and I started exercising - I was on a roll, and it felt great! But then the month of July hit, and, for some reason, I started to fall back into bad habits, and I've been struggling ever since. For the last eight months I've been up and down, up and down, up and down.  I give myself little pep talks, and I come on here and say stuff like - I'm back, stay tuned, I'm gonna kick butt - and I do okay for a few days, but then I crash and burn.  Last night in bed my mind was racing about how I'm 40, and nowhere near where I want to be physically, and when you're not where you want to be physically then you're not where you want to be mentally and emotionally either - that's the way it goes for me anyway.  So, when I woke up this morning something had clicked, once again.  I haven't had this feeling in a long time - I'm ready to get on with this journey, and lose the rest of the weight.  I feel it in my brain, my body, and my soul.

Today was a good day.  My dad and I went to the gym, and I did the elliptical and the treadmill for a total of 50 minutes.  I tracked everything I ate, and I drank 96 ounces of water.

My dad and I have a firm commitment to go to the gym Mon - Fri.  In addition to my gym time I've decided to do Hal Higdon's 5k training program:
I'm going to do this training outside because that's where I really struggle with running, so we'll see how it goes!  Tomorrow calls for a 1.5 run - with all the slacking off I've been doing I don't even know if I'll be able to run the whole 1.5 miles, but I'm going to try my best!!

Have you heard of the Dirty Girl 5k?  If not, check it out here:  http://www.godirtygirl.com/
I'll be doing it with my sister and my friend, Julie, and, maybe one other friend on June 30th, and I can't wait - it's going to be an awesome time!!

4 comments: