Monday, April 9, 2012

**Days 463 - 465**

My back went out on Easter - not, completely, out, but it's bad.  I can walk, but only very slowly, and very carefully.  I can sit, but not comfortably.  I can lay down, but not easily.  Anything I do is painful, and I'm scared, with each move,that it will give out, completely, like it did about five years ago, or so.  It was awful!  I went down by the back door, and it took over an hour for me to crawl to the living room floor, and that's where I stayed for days.  In order to get to the bathroom I had to crawl up on one of these:

and then my husband would roll me to the bathroom, and with great pain I would climb onto the toilet to pee.  It was terrible!!  Eventually, I was able to make it off the floor to get to a chiropractor, but it took eight weeks to fully recover.  Obviously, I don't want to go through this again, so I'm being very careful, right now.

I had a mini-meltdown in bed at 1:40am this morning - sometimes having a good cry is good, right?  I'm just so frustrated with all the issues I've been having with my foot, my knees, my shins, my hip, and my back.  Exercising will help me lose this weight, but now I can't exercise, and I don't know how long I'll be out, so I'm upset, but I know exercising isn't the only thing I can do to lose weight.  For now, I will focus on what I'm eating, and I will drink lots of water.  Hopefully, my back will heal, quickly, and I'll be back to exercising soon.

3 comments:

  1. OH GIRL!! THat stinks!!! Hope it heals quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get better soon!!! It's so frustrating when you can't physically do something due to an injury :(

    ReplyDelete