Monday, January 17, 2011

**McDonalds**

I've taken my kids to McDonald's hundreds of times - yes, it's sad, but true. And I knew it was not the greatest food in the world, of course, I knew this, but, OMG, now that I know, exactly, how bad it is I am, truly, ashamed of myself for letting them eat there so many times.

The girls, usually, get a happy meal - hamburger, fries, and a chocolate milk:

Hamburger: 250 calories, 9 grams fat
Small Fry: 230 calories, 11 grams fat
Chocolate Milk: 170 calories, 3 grams of fat

Total Calories: 650!!!
Total Fat: 23 grams!!!

Seriously??!! WTH is wrong w/ with me? I almost cried - really. I don't even want to know what I've done to my kid's insides.:( And my own?? Forget about it! I'm a walking time bomb! My meal of choice at McDonald's was the Big Mac w/ fries and a coke - 1250 calories, 54 grams of fat. I'm surprised I'm still alive.

So, today, we went to visit my MIL and my little niece, Mia. I knew that my MIL would want to go to McDonald's for lunch so I planned ahead. I went online and checked every single thing on the menu, and learned that, basically, it's all, mostly, bad!

I was thinking the Grilled Chicken sandwich would be a good choice, but I was wrong! 420 calories, 10 grams of fat - not horrible, but not good either. So, I moved on to the salads, and decided the Bacon Ranch Salad with GRILLED Chicken w/ the low fat Balsamic Vinaigrette was the way to go - 300 calories, 12 grams fat.

So, the girls and I each got the salad - we all liked it, and it filled us up, AND not one of missed getting our usual, fattening meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment