Thursday, February 24, 2011

**Good Start....Bad Finish**

I had a good start to my day, but then had a pretty bad finish.  I had a protein bar, milk, and fruit for breakfast.  For lunch, we went to pizza hut with friends and I had water and one slice of a thin crust cheese and mushroom.  I didn't eat much all day because I knew I was going out w/ friends for dinner.  So, to be honest, I knew I wasn't going to eat very healthy at dinner, and I didn't.  We ate at Jambalaya, and instead of giving complimentary bread they bring out potato chips, and I ate about 5 or 6 of them.  For my meal, I ordered a crab cake sandwich with fries.  I took off the top bun, but ate the crab cakes and bottom bun.  I ate some fries, but not all of them.  And I had two alcoholic drinks.  So, yea, LOTS of calories tonight.  Not sure what will happen with my weigh in the morning, but we'll see.

On a better note, I did go to the gym this morning.  I did 15 min. on the treadmill, and 15 min. on the elliptical.   After we left the gym, my daughter asked me if I enjoyed my workout, and with no hesitation I said - Yes!  And I meant it.  It feels good to be doing something to better my health, and I know working out is helping me to do that.  And I'm actually looking forward to going, again, in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. In the past you probably would have eaten all the bread, and perhaps many more of the fries. Not every day can be a day of big changes, but adding in little one's still count! : )

    ReplyDelete