Saturday, March 26, 2011

**Day 85**

It was just a few days ago that I was saying how I'm, finally, willing and able to make good food choices, but, I think, I was a little too sure of myself, a little too soon, because I, totally, strayed away from my new healthy ways while we were away from home this weekend.  I knew I wouldn't be perfect this weekend, but I was worse than I thought I would be.  I felt that old urge to devour all things bad, and I gave in to that urge alot!  We got home this afternoon, and I feel more secure here at home, but we're leaving again, first thing in the morning, for our four day trip to St. Louis, and I can't continue my junk food eating frenzy for the next four days, so I need to boost my willpower back up!  I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!  It's just food, it's just food, it's just food!!

I attended my first Weight Watchers last Wednesday, but with leaving for the homeschool conference Thursday, and just getting back today, I haven't had time to really go through the program to figure out the point values for foods, and with leaving tomorrow again....well, I'm just not going to be able to, completely, start the program until I'm home from St. Louis, but I'll do the best I can while I'm gone.  I know what healthy foods I should be eating, in general, so I'm going to stick with that, and that should keep me in my points range.

It's almost time for me to post progress pictures....well, I hope there will be noticeable progress!  I'll be posting the pics on Friday, so we'll see!

I finished Week 3 of my 5K training tonight.  I am so exhausted from the conference, so I thought it was going to be a brutal 28 min. workout, but it wasn't bad, and that was a relief!!  I'm going to start Week 4 of my 5K training tomorrow morning, before I leave for St. Louis.  I, normally, don't do two days in a row, but with going on my trip I'm having to do things a little different this week.  So, Week 4 training will be Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday.  The training for tomorrow is a total of 30 min., which will include running for 3 straight minutes - twice!, AND running for 5 straight minutes - twice!!  So, 16 minutes total of running!  I'm a little worried about getting through it, but I WILL do it!  And this will be the workout for Wednesday and Friday, too.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying C25k! ♥ As far as WW ... it's always hard when you're starting a new program/routine. It's important to remember that life will not slow down or stop because you're trying to adapt to the new plan, so you need to make the plan work with/for you. When it comes down to it, WW and every other eating plan are all about choices - doing what is best for you and your body. So even if you haven't memorized the WW P+ plan entirely, try to be mindful while on your trip - even if you don't know exactly how many Points+ are in a certain food, try and think about how it affects your health, and make decisions from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mary! I really do like the C25K, so far! And, hopefully, I'll still like it after having to run for 5 min. straight tomorrow! :) I'm going to do much better with my food while I'm away from home this time. I can't allow myself to get so off track just because there's a change in my routine. If I can make the right choices when I'm at home, I can do the same thing when I'm not at home! No excuses! Thanks for the advice. I appreciate you commenting!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a witness, sure - there were a few technically *not optimal* choices - but give yourself some credit for the GOOD changes that you normally would not have made in the past! Sometimes those special treats will happen, so just enjoy them for what they are - fun temporary indulgences! Besides, sometimes it just feels worse than it actually is when you have been SO good, KWIM? You know that what's important long-term is that you go back to your new healthy normal when you get back to your regular routine. Kudos for working out tonight - I'm exhausted!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jen. I just hate getting off track, but I'll try not to be too hard on myself!:)

    ReplyDelete