Saturday, March 19, 2011

**Day 78**

My hubby and I had a wellness checkup through his work today, and it's not exactly the most fun way to spend a morning.  They do the checkups right in the lobby of a building, so you're with a huge group of people, and you get weighed, have the size of your waist measured, your blood pressure taken, and your blood drawn, right in front of everyone - what's that about?!  I mean, come on, can't they just throw up a little curtain for a bit of privacy?!

So, obviously, my waist measurement was not optimal so they had to give me a big piece of paper that stated my waist measures "out of range", and then my blood pressure was a little high (124/90), so they had to spend an extra five minutes talking with me to tell me what I can do to help lower my blood pressure.  And weighing as much as I do, it was humiliating having to step on a scale in front of strangers to be weighed.  However, I'm glad I went because I know it's going to be a totally different experience when I go back in a year.  It won't be such a hard thing to face because I know I won't be obese anymore, and, hopefully, my blood pressure won't be high anymore.  Plus, I'm looking forward to getting my blood work results back to see where I'm at with my cholesterol, glucose levels, etc. - hopefully, everything will come back normal!

I didn't exercise today. :(  I woke up with a slightly swollen, and painful knee, so I wanted to give it a rest today.  I'm icing it right now, and, hopefully, it will feel better in the morning because I'd really like to get a workout in over the weekend.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you were humiliated. I'm soooo sorry. That's so inconsiderate of them to do that. Ugh!

    Chin up! One day, they'll take your measurements in front of others and you'll repeat the tiny number out loud...for all to hear! :)

    Hope your knee feels better! Good job giving it rest to avoid more trauma for it (and a longer recovery time).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ms. McGee! I'm just putting it out of mind because I know I won't have to deal with it ever again!

    How are you doing? I hope you are seeing my follow up comments to your comments because it's the only way for me to talk to you, and I hate not being able to support you with your blog being private now! If you want, send me your an email...maybe we could support one another over email, too! I hope you are doing good, and, as always, I appreciate your support so much! Oh, my email is - mamashan28@yahoo.com
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?? No privacy. How rude. Hope your knee gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete