Sunday, March 20, 2011

**Day 79**

I have a couple trips coming up, so I'm trying to plan out my workouts and food because I don't want to get off track too much.  We're leaving for a homeschool conference on Thursday afternoon, and we won't be home until Saturday night, and then Sunday morning the girls and I are leaving again to take a trip to St. Louis with my parents, and we'll be gone for three nights, so I'll pretty much be away from home for a total of seven days.

I'm not too worried about my food - I'm going to stock up on lots of healthy snacks, and take my protein bars along, and when we eat out I'm going to try to make good food choices.  Wait, did I say "try"?  I mean, I will make good food choices - I will, I will, I will!!!  Eating out for almost every meal for those seven days is going to be a huge test for me, but I'm confident I can make the right choices!

I'm a little more worried about trying to get my workouts in, but, I think, I have my 5K training all worked out.  I have to train three days a week for that, so I started week 3 of training today.  And I'll do the other two days of training on Tuesday, and Thursday.  And then for week 4 of training I will do Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday the following week, and I can do all of the 5K training here at home.

I want to get some workouts in while I'm alway from home, too. I'll be in hotels for seven days, and I'm going to force myself to use the hotel gyms on, at least,  four of those days.  So, I do have a plan!!

I almost talked myself out of doing my 5K training today because I had to run for three minutes straight two different times, and I was really worried I wasn't going to be able to do it, and I didn't want to feel defeated!  But not trying to do it would have been the old Shannon, and I'm new and improved now (well, getting there) - ha! - and I don't want to fall back into bad habits, so I made myself do it, and, well, yea, it kind of sucked.  It was hard....just like I thought it would be, but I got through the whole thing - yea!!  So, day one of training is already over for this week, and I only have two more to go!


6 comments:

  1. Going to St. Louis?!? How fun! I live only about 70 miles away from there. If you are looking for fun stuff to do, let me know!!

    Good luck with your goals - I know you can do it!

    Colleen
    Goodbye, Fat Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again...I friggin' LOVE your perseverance! You're a trailblazer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Colleen. Thanks for your support!! As for St. Louis - we plan on going to the Arch, the City Museum, Magic House, and, possibly, the zoo. My girls are 10.5 and 7 - anything else you think we should see? Thanks!

    Hi, Chubby! (I hate calling you Chubby - it feels so wrong!) I'm just following your lead! You're one of the reasons I'm doing so great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind being called Chubby. I will, however, be changing it as I lose weight. Mwahahahaha!

    I think we have a circle thing going on in which we're just chasing each other thin: you're inspiring me and I guess my progress is making you do so great. LOL! We're like little dogs running around in a loop...encouraging each other on. We rock! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Chubby - Well, until I know your real name someday, or until you change your nickname...Chubby it will be!:)
    P.S. We DO rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good inspiring plan! Can't say I'd ever been to a hotel gym!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete