Monday, January 10, 2011

**Exercise**

I hate exercising, I really do, but that wasn't always the case. I was very active growing up. I swam, competitively, from 7 - 17 years old. And I loved running, too.  Through the years, I, also, played soccer, basketball, softball, and track. Then I started college, and stopped being so active. Plus, I started drinking - alot - and that's never good for the waistline.:) And then PCOS, and overeating came long. PLUS - I am, extremely, lazy. I am - I admit it. So, basically, I haven't exercised much throughout the last 20 years, but I've started getting back to it for the last week or so.

I've been doing Walk Away the Pounds, and some Wii Fit games, and tonight we added Wii Just Dance 2 to the mix!!! And it really is a workout! I did three dances in a row and I was, completely, winded. After that, I did 2 miles on Walk Away the Pounds. So, I'm starting small, but the important thing is - I started. And the great thing is - my whole family is getting involved. My girls and husband are exercising with me, and it really makes a difference.

As I said above, I used to love running and I hope to get back to that one day. I would love to start participating in some 5K races, but that's awhile away - baby steps, you know? But it's good to have a goal.:)

1 comment:

  1. I miss walking outside SO MUCH, and you are the 3rd person I've heard recently use those DVD's so maybe I'll give them a shot. Which Walk Away the Pounds do you have? There's so many to choose from!!

    ReplyDelete