Saturday, April 16, 2011

**Day 106**

I woke up w/ a very sore back today!  It's not hurting in the usual spot - it's more along the sides in my lower back area, so, I think, my muscles are just sore from the longer run and walk yesterday.  Anyway, I decided to give myself a rest day today, and skip exercising.  I'll get back to it tomorrow - my plan is to walk 4 miles.  It's suppose to be much nicer out tomorrow, so I'm going to walk 2 miles outside, and then do another 2 miles on my treadmill later in the day.

When I started on this weight loss journey I didn't think I would ever be able to give up sweets!!  I swear, it always felt like my body had to have chocolate!  I would crave it so, so much - all the time!  Surprisingly, it hasn't been that hard for me to give up the sweets.  I mean, in the beginning I did still crave it, but now I, almost, never do.  Actually, I've been craving salty stuff for the last couple months, which is strange because I've never craved salty foods, but now there are days when all I can think about is getting some salty fries from McDonalds!  Very weird!  I hope there comes a time when I don't crave any kinds of foods, on a regular basis. I just want to have a normal relationship w/ food, know what I mean?

3 comments:

  1. Part of having a healthy relationship with food is, I believe, not letting it control us. I don't know if cravings ever entirely go away - I mean, everyone has things they want from time to time. The difference, though, is how we react to the feeling of a craving. In the past, if I wanted chocolate, I'd buy a ton of it and eat it all. Now that I am trying to live healthier, though, I satisfy my cravings in a more responsible way, with a smaller portion and usually a higher quality product. For me, part of having a healthy relationship with food is letting go of food guilt. Sometimes, I will eat chocolate, and I'm not going to avoid restaurants for the rest of my life - the important thing is to not let one bite, one meal, one day equal failure. Sometimes we eat off-plan - that's normal. We just get right back on plan and carry on. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know food still controls me a little bit, but, certainly, not like it once did, thank goodness. You said - "...the important thing is to not let one bite, one meal, one day equal failure." - this is so true! I need to remember that! Thanks, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...it would be so nice to have a "normal" relationship with food. I understand and agree 100%. I often wonder: Does ANYONE have a "normal" relationship with food?

    Like...models don't...bodybuilders don't...fat people don't...pregnant women don't...teenagers don't...

    Who does?

    ReplyDelete