Monday, July 25, 2011

**Days 205 and 206**

I'm back on track.  I'm doing all the right things again - eating right, drinking lots of water, exercising, and it feels so good!  After the 5K race I felt so lost for a couple days.  I don't know why.  I should have been on a total high after finishing that race, but, for some reason, I crashed and burned.  Anyway, I'm going to do my best to not let that happen again!

I've been thinking about my long term goals, and where I want to be on the end of this journey.  Of course, it's still about numbers for me.  Maybe that will change eventually, but maybe not - we'll see.  I'm hoping to get down to 130 pounds.  I'm hoping to be close to that by my 40th birthday, which is about 6 months away.  I will not turn 40 as a fat person.  I was obese for half of my 20's, and all of my 30's.  I will not spend one day in my 40's being fat!

Also, I would like to regularly be running 5k races by 40th birthday.  Running is a huge challenge for me right now, but I've decided that I love it.  Mary (who inspires me!) said on her blog today that racing makes her feel like an athlete, and I feel the same way.  I'm just starting out, so I'm slow, and I can't run a whole 5k without stopping, but I'm working on it, and I'm going to get better and better, and I look forward to doing many more races!

3 comments:

  1. I think that our actual goals adapt as we get closer to them - I always wanted to weigh 135 pounds because it was a nice number in the middle of my BMI range, but now that it's within reach, I can see that it's not exactly where I need to be given my activity level. I think that no matter what you weigh when you turn 40, you have an awful lot to be proud of that you've accomplished so far on this journey - at goal or not, you're not the same person you were when you started, and for the better. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you mean about not spending any more time being fat. I spent almost my entire 20's heavier than I should be, and this is me taking my life back!

    Congrats to you for the 5k. That is a huge accomplishment. :)
    Scarly from www.thinskinnedgirl.blogspot.com
    (For some reason blogger wouldn't sign me in when I tried to comment)

    ReplyDelete