Tuesday, October 4, 2011

**Day 277**

My period showed up today (two days early - not fair!), and I had some nasty cramps, so working out was the last thing I wanted to do, BUT I did it!  I put it off until the end of the day, but I did do it.  My mom joined me for the 5k training tonight - we were out walking and running for 41 minutes, and I estimate we did a little over 2.5 miles.  After I got home I did my 30 minutes on the treadmill, going 1.8 miles.  When I finished on the treadmill it was after 10pm, and I did not want to do the 30 DS, at all, BUT I did it.  It took all I had to get through it!!  So, I'm very happy with all the exercise I got in today!!

It feels good to be exercising again!  I've been feeling like real crap about myself the last couple months, and reverting back to my anti-social ways.  I haven't had much free time to spend with friends, but even if I did I wouldn't have wanted to.  And I haven't been in the mood, lately, to be all that intimate with my hubby, (sorry, too much information!).  It's not like losing 30 pounds changed my body all that much, but I was working hard towards getting healthy, and I was feeling good about myself, so I started enjoying being with friends more, and I was much more comfortable during intimate moments with my hubby, but when I started slacking off my confidence went to crap again.  So, I'm looking forward to really getting back on track, and, hopefully, getting some of that confidence back.

3 comments:

  1. Shannon - you really are showing just how committed you are. Remember days like today so that when you feel lousy again (I know just how much Aunt Flo can be a real exercise deterrant), you know that you are absolutely able to push through. You have pushed yourself to a whole new level today just on motivation and commitment alone. I'm cheering you on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It only takes a few lbs to disappear for our confidence levels to shoot up which is great for our self esteem unfortunately the opposite happens when we put on a few lbs which is annoying! I guess when that does happen, it sometimes also gives us a kick up the arse to make us get back in the direction we really want to be heading.

    ReplyDelete