Friday, March 30, 2012

**Day 455**

Today's weight:
Down .5 since yesterday, down 3.5 pounds since Monday.  I'm done with the daily weigh-ins.  My next weigh-in will be next Friday.  I'm happy with how this week went.  I tracked my food, I drank lots of water, and I exercised.  Speaking of exercise....

Yesterday's 5k training did not go great!  As soon as I started the first 90 second interval of running I knew it was not going to be a good training session.  I had pain in my lower legs, and by the second to last 90 second run interval I couldn't run, so I walked it.  I ran about one minute of the last 90 second run interval.  In total, we were out there for a total 38:27 minutes:
So, even though I didn't get all my running in, we did do alot of walking, and I'm happy with the workout.

I'm getting really frustrated with all the pain I've been having lately - my heel, my knees, my calves, my shins, my hip, my back....so, so frustrating, but I just have to work through it.  I'm not going to do any running today - just take a walk.  I want to give my legs a rest.

My dad is back from vacation, so we'll be starting back at the gym on Monday.  It's terrible that I didn't go once while he was gone.  There's no excuse for it - just plain laziness.  I'm glad he'll be out there every morning, again, to pick my lazy butt up.  I don't think he has any vacations planned for awhile - thankfully!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You don't want to make the injury any worse, I'd definitely give them a rest, even if it's just for a day or too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Tim! I don't want to make it worse, but it's so hard to sit out when I really need to exercise!!

    ReplyDelete