Tuesday, April 3, 2012

**Day 459**

My day started out rotten.  I woke up around 5:15 to pee, and I had to limp my way to the bathroom because my heel hurt so bad, so I knew going to the gym was out of the question.  Also, my period arrived this morning, so that didn't help my mood!  Anyway, I iced my heel a couple of times this morning, and I took some Ibuprofen, and it started to feel a little better, but my day didn't get better.  I went to brunch with my girls and my dad, and I ordered biscuits and gravy!  I knew it was a stupid choice - even my daughter knew it was stupid.  When I was looking at the menu wondering aloud what I should get she said, "You should get the oatmeal", but I didn't.  My eight-year-old is smarter than me. So, I felt like crap after eating it - physically and emotionally.

I continued to ice my heel throughout the day, and when it was time to meet my friend for our Couch to 5k training the pain was manageable, so I decided to go, and just walk, but once it was time to run.....I ran.  I just couldn't bring myself to skip another night of running!  We were bumping up to the next phase:

Jog 90 seconds
Walk 90 seconds
Jog 3 minutes
Walk 3 minutes
Jog 90 seconds
Walk 90 seconds
Jog 3 minutes

I really wanted to see if I could jog the whole 3 minutes.....and I was able to finish it - both times!  My heel pain was minimal.  My knees actually hurt more than my heel!  I iced my heel and my knees when I got home, and I'm not experiencing much pain, right now - thankfully!

My girls have been doing the training with me.  I'm so happy they are exercising, and they really seem to enjoy it, which is great!

So, my day didn't start out the best, but I'd say it ended pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment