Monday, May 14, 2012

**Day 500**

I'm on day 500 of my journey....and nowhere near where I want to be - in fact, I'm, basically, starting over, at this point, and that's frustrating, but that's okay.   Yes, I have gained weight back, and I've struggled alot for the last year, but I haven't given up - not once.  For almost 14 years I sat on my butt and didn't try to fight my obesity, at all, but last year I started eating better, and exercising, and I did lose weight.  Unfortunately, I lost a bit of my fight and drive, but I have never given up, completely.  I've just had trouble doing everything I need to do - I slack on one thing or the other.  I will either exercise, but not eat great.  Or I will eat good, but not exercise.  I just can't half ass it like this anymore because it doesn't work, obviously!

Today was a good day, and what a great day to start again - Day 500.  There's only 231 days left in 2012 - this year will be over before I know it, and I hope to end this year on a much healthier, and much thinner, note.  I haven't set a long term goal in a long time, so maybe it's time.  On day 731 of my weight loss journey (which will be Dec. 31st) I will be down 66 pounds from today, which means I have to lose 2 pounds a week, which is, totally, doable, IF I do what I'm suppose to do.  So, that's my long term goal for the year.  My short term goal - my very, very short term goal - is to focus on tomorrow.  My plans for tomorrow:

Walk 2 miles
Do an upper body dumbbell workout
Track my food - keep my calories under 1300
Drink 120 ounces
 

5 comments:

  1. Goals are VERY important!! I found that if I make myself a schedule it helps me. I have a calender that is just for my exercising. I write it down, then I can cross it off. That crossing off is a wonderful feeling of accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched this docu on HBO, I really enjoyed it and found it to be very informative. It is called, 'Weight of the Nation'. A lot of what it went over, are like, common sense things, things that we (all of us on this lovely adventure of losing weight) know, and that part kinda bored me. but I found it interesting when it came to goals.

    Make sure your goals are achievable. Even goals as simple as, every night I am going to walk around the block. There were two women on the docu who both have lost over 100 lbs and have been able to keep it off! I found that amazing, because I gained some of the weight I lost back. Grrr... But they both said it, make small goals, once that goal is now a habit, make another small goal. And so on... and soon enough, those goals, aren't goals, they are just a habit.

    I hope you have a wonderful day!! Keep your head up. We all can do this. We just sometimes need to rethink our plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Trisha! I'll, definitely, check out the documentary!

      Delete
  3. Shannon - I love your determination. It makes me motivated too! I am starting up a Summer Sizzle Slim Down Challenge. I'll post details over the weekend. I'm back in the swing of things finally, too - so I am feeling good about "starting over." I know WE can do this!!! We wll not let the fat win!!! Let's kick some ass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, we can do this, and we WILL!! Sure, we're starting over again, but that's better than not starting over! I know we won't give up - ever!

      Delete